About The AIAAbout The AIA
Architecture Is Awesome Instagram Sweepstakes
Official Rules and How to Enter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION AND OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES; AND IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS, AGE 18 OR OLDER, OF THE UNITED STATES.
Make plans now to visit your favorite, inspiring architectural site during National Architecture Week, April 7–13, for your chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card. Five lucky winners will be selected.
Prizes (5): $50 Amazon Gift Card
The odds of receiving a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are non-transferable and are not valid with any other offer; no substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. If prize is unavailable, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Winners are responsible for the payment of applicable taxes, if any, on the prize and any other expenses not specifically described herein relating to the use of prize. Winners agree to supply Sponsor with any information necessary for tax reporting purposes and to cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements. If legitimately claimed, all stated prizes will be awarded. One prize per person/household.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are of 18 years or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of the American Institute of Architects, any and all other entities directly associated with this Sweepstakes, and the immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Timing: Promotion period will begin 12:00 a.m. EST on April 7 and end at 11:59 p.m. EST on April 13, 2013. Drawing will be held on or around 12:00 p.m. EST on April 15, 2013. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names and/or photographs for advertising or publicity purposes without further consideration, except where prohibited by law.
3. To Enter:
There are two (2) ways to enter during the Promotion Period:
To Enter with an Instagram or Twitter Account: To enter, an entrant must be a registered user of Instagram or Twitter. If an entrant is not a registered user of these sites, the entrant must visit http://instagram.com/ or http://twitter.com to register for free and download the free mobile application. Registration for and use of the Instagram or Twitter platforms are subject to their terms and conditions and AIA National has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use.
Once a registered user, entrants must take a photo of the local architecture they wish to enter. Upload the photo and include the hashtag #archweek13 in the caption or tweet. Entries must be submitted in the formats accepted on Instagram or Twitter and must be created solely by each entrant.
In order for your entry to be validated, your Instagram profile settings must be public. Images submitted via Twitter must be submitted through Twitter directly and not via third-party image hosting services.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. Multiple entries accepted. Entries generated by a script, macro, or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
a) Notices and rules for Instagram and Twitter participants:
i. Instagram and Twitter are third party corporations and have not sponsored or endorsed the AIA or this sweepstakes, and are not otherwise affiliated or associated with the AIA or this sweepstakes. Creating accounts on Instagram and Twitter is free. However, Instagram and Twitter have their own respective terms and conditions that apply to any users of their products and services.
ii. By uploading your photo via Instagram or Twitter you agree that your entry conforms to the Photo Guidelines (defined below) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your entry and disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your entry fails to conform to the Photo Guidelines.
1. Your photo must not contain any individual other than yourself; and
2. Your photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or Sweepstakes of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means prior to the Sweepstakes;
3. Your photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
4. Your photo must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
5. Your photo must not contain images, artwork or other information that personally identifies the entrant or any other person;
6. Your photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise questionable. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content;
7. Your photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
8. Your photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any federal or states laws or regulations.
To Enter Without an Instagram or Twitter Account: Hand print your name, age, day and evening phone numbers (including area code) on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a #10 envelope, hand-printed to: The American Institute of Architects, 1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20006, Attention Sybil Walker Barnes. All mail entries must be postmarked by April 7, 2013, and received by April 10, 2013. No mechanically reproduced entries accepted. All mail-in entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Random Drawings: Drawings to award prizes will be conducted on Monday, April 15, 2013, on or around 12:00 noon EST. Random drawings will be conducted under the direction of the American Institute of Architects whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Drawings. Potential winners do not need to be present at any drawings.
5. Prizes and Prize Conditions: There will be five (5) Grand Prizes awarded. Each Grand Prize winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Each Grand Prize has an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $50. Total Prize Pool - $250. No transfer of prize will be permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the aforementioned prize is not available. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS MAY BE SUBJECT TO FURTHER VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHO’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. If a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
6. Notification: The potential winner will be initially notified via a direct message on Twitter or comment on Instagram followed by notification by e-mail within 5 business days of the drawing date. If Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner by e-mail within 48 hours of drawing, or in the event of non-compliance with these rules, or if the prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate potential winner.
7. Publicity: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence, twitter handles, and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Upon request, winners must consent to such in writing. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on the email address, the winning entry will be declared by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet service provider (providing that the “Authorized account holder” meets all eligibility requirements of the Drawing.)
8. Unauthorized Activity: If in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if there is any occurrence that affects the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any individual, or to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration, notice will be posted. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY SYSTEM, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and all its affiliates, subsidiaries, and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize awarded (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto). Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or in any Sweepstakes-related material, the announcement of the prize; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries, or postage-due entries or mail. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
10. Governing Law: This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules and the validity, construction, performance, and enforcement thereof shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, but without reference to its laws regarding conflicts of law.
12. Winner List Requests: To obtain the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 13, 2013, to Sybil Walker Barnes, The American Institute of Architects, 1735 New York Avenue, NW; Washington, DC 20006.
13. Sponsor: The American Institute of Architects, 1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20006.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor, and not to Instagram or Twitter.