About The AIAAbout The AIA
What’s a twitter chat?
Formal Twitter chats are arranged in advance and occur at a specific time. They may include a formal agenda with a specific leader or guest, or they might involve a free flowing discussion between all participants.
How can I participate in a twitter chat?
• Start by remembering the time and the hashtag.
• Create your personal account on Twitter, if you haven’t already done so
• At the start of the chat, sign in to the chat tool of your choice and enter the hashtag
• Follow the conversation (questions and comments)
• Join in the conversation by beginning your comment with the question’s corresponding number (e.g., when commenting on question Q1, begin your response with Q1).
• End your comment with the hashtag so everyone participating will see it.
When does the AIA host a twitter chat?
• Emerging Voices, Thursday, May 17, 5:30–6:30 p.m. ET; hashtag: #aia2012chat
• Jane Jacobs’s Legacy, Friday, May 18, 1–2 p.m. ET; hashtags #janejacobs #aia2012chat
• AIA Chat, first Wednesdays of the month, 2–3:30 p.m. ET; hashtag: #aiachat