About The AIAAbout The AIA
It is common practice on Facebook to create a Page for your team rather than create a private or even public group. Not only do we not recommend you create a group, do not, even worse, create a personal account.
Note: to create a page, it must be tied to someone's personal account; carefully think through how your team will handle succession when you leave the AIA.
Here are some general instructions on how to create a Facebook page:
- Before you begin, get approval for your page by consulting with the Director of Social Media to help you use the correct avatar and select proper images for your cover image.
- To create a page, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/ , click "create page" and follow the instructions.
- Remember to use AIA in your Page name. This is crucial.
- Your team’s Facebook account is a subaccount of AIA National on Facebook. Thus, all team accounts should use the AIA National avatar. Consult the Director of Social Media for the avatar.
- Select an appropriate image for your cover image; the image should pertain to your team and the content you’ll be posting. Do not leave it blank. The image you upload should be at least 399 pixels wide; the cover image area is 851 pixels tall x 315 pixels wide. Get approval from the Director of Social Media before uploading your image.
- Choose your page administrators wisely. At the time of this writing, only a page administrator can remove another administrator.
- Once your page is created, suggest it to friends to "like." If people have to send a friend request to your page, you've created a personal account. Delete it and create a Page. You MUST create a business page in order to be "liked."
- Maintain your page DAILY!