About The AIAPrograms & Initiatives
The AIA is the leader in creating a culture of quality for the architecture profession.
• AIA Strategic Plan—In line with its goals, the AIA Strategic Plan guides the AIA in its three key strategic initiatives: sustainability, integrated project delivery, and diversity.
• Diversity—The AIA recognizes that diversity can add a special richness to the architecture profession and is committed to mirroring the society we serve.
• Integrated Practice/Integrated Project Delivery—The AIA remains at the forefront of the integrated project delivery approach that integrates people, systems, business structures, and practices into a process that collaboratively harnesses the talents and insights of all participants to reduce waste and optimize efficiency through all phases of design, fabrication, and construction.
• Center for Communities by Design—The Center for Communities by Design is a catalyst, convener, and source of information that helps AIA members work with citizens and other stakeholders to envision and create more livable communities.
• 2030 Commitment—A commitment to reduce energy consumption in the built environment by the year 2030 requires a leadership role among all architects, and the AIA is leading the way.