What is an Architect Licensing Advisor?
Architect Licensing Advisors (formerly IDP Coordinators) have the important and admirable responsibility of ensuring that interns, supervisors, and mentors have accurate and up-to-date knowledge regarding the process of becoming a licensed architect in the United States. Architect Licensing Advisors communicate regularly with the AIA, NCARB, and each other to maintain currency, pose questions, and share ideas and best practices.
The AIA and NCARB invite the Architect Licensing Advisors to an annual summit where they converge to learn about, discuss, and improve the entire licensure process. Additionally Architect Licensing Advisors have the chance to impact IDP as members of committees co-sponsored by the AIA and NCARB.
Architect Licensing Advisors Responsibilities
Specifically, Architect Licensing Advisors are asked to:
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the requirements, objectives, and resources for IDP, ARE©, and NCARB certification;
• Collaborate with NCARB and IDP support networks – including AIAS chapters, AIA components, and state registration boards – to strengthen awareness of the required components of licensure and its importance to emerging professionals;
• Communicate with the state registration board to maintain a thorough understanding of state requirements and procedures; and
• Regularly participate in training and development programs.
To achieve these objectives, the AIA and NCARB provide numerous resources, including:
• An annual Architect Licensing Advisors Summit;
• Training materials, such as “Career Building Blocks” and “Mentoring Essentials” programs;
• Staff support for assistance with understanding program requirements, processes, and opportunities; and
• Access to an Architect Licensing Advisors Web-based information sharing site.
Resources for Architect Licensing Advisors
Join the team!
Architect Licensing Advisors Portal
Contact your Architect Licensing Advisors
Get help get finding your Architect Licensing Advisors by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.