When drafting a contract, attorneys prefer to start with the Industry Standard because AIA Contract Documents are the most widely accepted agreements and forms in the building industry. Because of the industry's familiarity and trust, AIA Contract Documents are signed quicker, with fewer disagreements and questions, than any other documents.
Why start a contract from scratch when it's so easy to customize AIA Contract Documents? With the new AIA Documents-on-Demand® Plus service, attorneys can purchase single-use documents and tailor the legal language to their liking. This allows you to harness over a century of case law and precedent while meeting all the diverse needs of a particular project. Because the industry knows and trusts AIA Contract Documents, you can count on minimal contract disputes and faster turnaround times.
Fair and Balanced Agreements
When AIA develops and revises our documents, we consult professionals in every sector of the design and building industry to ensure that our legal language is fair and balanced. Our expert team of construction attorneys works with owners, architects, contractors, attorneys, and insurance experts from around the country so that our documents reflect the shared interests of the industry at large and never advantage or disadvantage particular parties.
See What Other Attorneys Are SayingView
Resources for Attorneys
- Free Guide for Sustainable Projects
- Free commentary on AIA IPD Multi-Party Agreement
- Free set of contract relationship diagrams
- Free Samples-BIM & Digital Docs
- AIA Contract Document Comparisons
- Webinar: Key Contracting Issues in Digital Practice Design and Construction
- Webinar: Sustainable Projects Contract Documents: What You Should Know
- Webinar: Get to Know AIA Contract Documents: A Refresher of the Basics
- Webinar: Choose the Appropriate Owner/Contractor Agreement: One Size Does Not Fit All!
- Webinar: New Developments and Issues in Digital Practice and Building Information Modeling: How to Protect Your Project While Keeping Up With Modern Trends