AIA Contract Documents Help
Help me select AIA templatesView
- What is ACD5™?
ACD5 is the online version of AIA Contract Documents software that now provides a host of powerful new features and benefits. Some of these include:
- Anytime access from anywhere with internet service to all project data and documents
- Compatibility with both Mac and PC operating systems
- Ability to share, edit and track changes on documents online among multiple parties from multiple locations
- Flexibility to work online or offline
- Enhanced security
- Affordable licenses from one document at a time to unlimited access
- Can Mac customers use ACD5?
Yes. Mac or PC customers with an Internet connection can use the new online version. All that is needed is a supported version of the most popular browsers, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
- Is there special software to install on my Mac or PC to use ACD5?
No. There is no software to download or install beyond what’s needed for common web browsing. To use ACD5, all that is needed is a supported version of the most popular browsers, Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox.
- What is the difference between the current AIA Documents-on-Demand® product and AIA Documents-on-Demand® Plus?
The new AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus product within ACD5, allows users to edit the legal language of a document. Unlike the current AIA Documents-on-Demand product, where you are only allowed to complete some fill points but are not able to edit the legal language. Other benefits of AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus are:
- Manage a project
- Share and track edits for review
- Create a custom clause library
- Variance check the edited document against the standard document
- How will AIA Contract Documents customers transfer their project information and documents from the software version to ACD5?
Within ACD5 there is a very helpful, AIA Document Mover utility tool, which allows the user to select their current documents and projects they would like to migrate to ACD5. The documents will automatically be converted for use in ACD5. The migration process only moves a copy of the projects and documents. The originals remain in the AIA Contract Documents desktop software version.
- I am using the desktop version of AIA Contract Documents software. Where can I download that software and find other support information?
- How can I earn AIA Learning Units (LUs) through AIA Contract Documents courses?
The robust AIA Contract Documents Education Portal provides a variety of education course on AIA Contract Documents. You will find a list of live webinars, on-demand courses, podcasts and in-person training opportunities. When you click on a course that you are interested in, it will indicate if it qualifies for AIA LUs.
- I love ACD5 but I’d like some help with certain features?
We created a series of ACD5 Help Videos that focus on key features of ACD5 and step-by-step instructions on how to use that feature. These very helpful videos can be viewed on your own time. You can also visit the AIA Contract Documents Education Portal for other ACD5 and general AIA Contract Documents courses.
Desktop Software Customers
Go here to download the desktop version of the software and fiind other help items.