Optimizing Your Educational and Marketing Outreach
By Aaron Neumann
Manager, CES Data Reporting + Compliance
Implementing Two Course Development Strategies and Understanding Consumer Learning Behaviors
The CES team constantly brainstorms new strategies that CES Providers can implement to generate more effective marketing outreach. We recently designed a webinar that provides a solid overview of effective marketing strategies for CES Providers and highlights relevant data that all CES Providers should know. The webinar is posted on our YouTube channel, titled: Effective Marketing Strategies for CES Providers. In this article, I am going to focus in on two strategies discussed in the webinar that offer powerful insights into the continuing education network, member learning behaviors and member needs which will empower CES Providers to better engage with and develop more effective marketing outreach to AIA Members.
Finishing Up Your Provider Training as the Foundation to Your CES Program
By Ramiro Solórzano, Assoc. AIA
Manager, CES Provider Audits
This year to improve the quality of your education we are training our new primary points of contacts in their new roles for AIA CES. I want to make sure that you find the resources for Provider Training useful and become familiar with the Provider Manual.
I look forward to a successful year and our ongoing relationship as we continually seek ways to ever improve our educational courses. I will be following up with points of contacts that have not finished or are having trouble finishing up your training within the 90 days allotted.
Integrating Social Media Tools into Continuing Education Courses
By Jean Feroldi, Assoc. AIA
Manager, CES Communications + Review
As social media platforms evolve and are adapted for new purposes, it is easy to see why they may be beneficial for adult learning. Yet, where to start and how to implement multimedia into continuing education can leave many people at a loss for effective interactive strategies using social media tools. During our Provider Conference at AIA National Convention, I gave a presentation on Social Media: Learning and Outreach, exploring reasons for why social media can be great for marketing and course engagement. While most Providers who attended my presentation saw the value in social media and its potential to improve their training programs, many questions were raised about specific ways social media can be used in face-to-face and online learning.
Architecture Firm Billings Increase at Modest Pace in June
By Jennifer Riskus
Manager, Economic Research
Access the Work-on-the-Boards survey results for the month of June
• Business conditions at architecture firms improved modestly in June, as indicated by an ABI score of 51.6. Inquiries into new work remained strong, and firms reported an increase in the value of new construction contracts for the sixth consecutive month. In addition, average architecture firm backlogs in June remained unchanged from March, at five months.
• Business conditions continued to improve at firms across much of the country, with firms located in the Midwest remaining the exception. Firm billings in that region have been declining since the end of the first quarter of 2013. Conditions also continued to improve at firms of all specializations, although that growth remained fairly minimal at firms with an institutional specialization.
• Although international work conducted by U.S. architecture firms has increased in recent years, it remains a relatively small share of the market overall, as just 15 percent of firms reported having had any firm billings from international design/construction projects in the last year. Firms that did have billings from international design/construction projects in the last year reported that those projects accounted for just 8.9 percent of their firm's gross billings on average.
Join the AIA Continuing Education Providers Group on Linkedin!
Connect with us for updates on CES events, announcements, and discussions. Our AIA Continuing Education Providers Group is a place for Providers to connect with each other.
What can you expect to find on the AIA Continuing Education System Linkedin group?
The AIA CES Linkedin Group will be a community for Providers to learn about AIA CES news, collaborate with other Providers, and contribute continuing education best practices. As Providers, you can share your comments, ideas, resources, and promote your programs. Join our growing community of Providers and connect with us today!
Monthly Provider Tips and Reminders
Jean Feroldi, Assoc. AIA
Manager, CES Communications and Review
• Courses originally submitted in 2008 and 2009, were due to go inactive on Jan 1, 2012. CES has granted an extension and will be deactivating these courses on August 15, 2013. This is a way to keep your courses updated as they evolve throughout the years.
• For Providers who have joined the AIA CES program in 2013, please remember to complete your eight hours of prerequisite training within 90 days of joining.
Please contact Jean Feroldi to add your 2013 events to this list.
AIA Chapters can use this space to post conference information.
AIA Austin Annual Summer Conference & Product Expo
August 22-23, 2013
Norris Conference Center
Call for Presentations
AIA Kansas Conference & Exposition
September 11-13, 2013
Call for Speakers & Exhibitors
2013 AIA Ohio Valley Region Convention
(Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio)
September 19-21, 2013
Louisville Marriott Downtown
Call for Presentations to be issued early 2013
Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration at www.aiaohio.org
Contact: Kate Brunswick at AIA Ohio firstname.lastname@example.org
AIA Nebraska Annual Conference
October 3-4, 2013
Contact: Sara Kay email@example.com
2013 AIA Northwest & Pacific Region Conference
October 23-26, 2013
Vancouver Convention Center
Call for Papers
Design on the Delaware
October 29, 2013 – November 1, 2013
Sheraton Downtown Hotel & Center for Architecture
Program Proposals due April 8.
Exhibit, sponsor advertising opportunities
Contact: Pat Gourley firstname.lastname@example.org
Architecture Exchange East
November 6-8, 2013
Greater Richmond Convention Center
Virginia Society AIA
ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX)
November 20-22, 2013
Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
Boston Society of Architects