Career StagesYoung Architects Forum
The YAF Regional Directors work with counterparts in the College of Fellows (Regional Representatives), and the National Associates Committee (Regional Associate Directors). Young Architect Regional Directors are responsible for gathering information about issues facing young architects within their geographic areas and disseminating information about national/regional activities and resources for use on the local level. Of equal importance, Young Architect Regional Directors serve as an important link between young architects and the national organization. Architects who have been licensed for ten years or fewer are eligible. The Young Architect Regional Director position is a two-year term with the opportunity to re-apply once for a maximum of 4 years as a volunteer leader within the position. For more information on the YAF and Regional Director positions, view the YAF Handbook.
Expectations for Young Architect Regional Directors
- Maintain quarterly communication with all YAF chapters within designated region.
- Serve as a conduit between local YAF chapters and the National YAF AdCom. Disseminate and collect information to local chapters as requested.
- Submit an annual regional report four weeks prior to annual AIA Convention.
- Participate in annual YAF Strategic Planning Event for YAF AdCom and Regional Directors at AIA Grassroots in Washington, DC.
- Communicate with Regional COF and NAC representatives quarterly about how to work together to support each other’s efforts.
YAF YARD Roster Map
Click image below to view map.
Committee SharePoint Access
If you’re a current YAF Young Architect Regional Director you may access the YAF SharePoint site by clicking the button below.
YAF YARD Annual Rosters
YAF Press Releases
Summer 2012: “Young Architects Forum Selects 2013 Leadership”