Thank you Kentucky Concrete Association, our Benefactor of the Month
AIA Kentucky solutes our long-time, valued partner and Allied Benefactor, Kentucky Concrete Association
The Kentucky Concrete Association is a non-profit trade association representing the men and women of the ready mixed concrete industry and companies that do work in the concrete industry in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky. Since 1960, KCA members and staff have worked tirelessly to improve the overall quality of concrete construction as well as educate Kentuckians about new and existing ways ready mixed concrete can help them build better and smarter.
The Kentucky Concrete Association offers many facets from monitoring legislative and administrative regulations to certification school and various training programs. Our members truly believe that concrete is the greatest building material in the world and that ready mixed concrete can contribute significantly toward sustainable and green construction designs.
Contact: R. Finley Messick, 1 HMB Circle, Frankfort, KY 40601, T(502) 695-1535
Build with Strength, along with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, is launching a webinar series on the design and construction of concrete buildings. The first webinar, scheduled for April 1, presents Concrete Innovations. For each week following, there will be a webinar on various topics from resilience to fire safety to life cycle assessment. Instructors include NRMCA experts along with guest instructors. Each webinar will offer 1 continuing education unit through the AIA continuing education system and 1 PDH or 0.1 CEU for engineers.
NRMCA, through its Pave Ahead program, will also be offering a weekly webinar series on Concrete Pavement beginning April 2, 2020. The Concrete Pavement Series will focus on technical topics related to design, construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation of concrete pavements and will conclude with a webinar on concrete trails. Webinars in this series will offer AIA Elective Learning Units, Professional Development Hours, or Continuing Education Units through the AIA continuing education system.
Concrete Pavement Webinar Series
· Thursday, April 02, 2 – 3:30 p.m., Designing Concrete Parking Lots and Streets
· Thursday, April 09, 2 - 3 p.m., Designing Concrete Industrial Pavements
· Thursday, April 16, 2 – 3:30 p.m., Soils 101: What to Know for a Successful Paving Project
· Thursday, April 23, 2 - 3 p.m., Concrete Pavement Jointing and Details
· Thursday, April 30, 2 - 3 p.m., Materials and Construction Specifications for Concrete Pavement Projects
· Thursday, May 07, 2 - 3 p.m., Concrete Street and Parking Lot Maintenance and Repair
· Thursday, May 14, 2 - 3 p.m., Concrete Overlays of Existing Asphalt Surfaced Streets and Parking Lots
· Thursday, May 21, 2 - 3 p.m., Concrete Trail Design