The Committee on the Environment host's the COTE® Top Ten Awards yearly, which is the industry’s best-known award program for sustainable design excellence. Each year, ten innovative projects are recognized for their integration of design excellence with environmental performance.
Until 2017, COTE® Top Ten recognized ten projects based largely on predicted performance. The measures and metrics were entirely revamped in 2017 and now emphasize the importance of actual performance in addition to design intent. Please review our 2020 COTE Top Ten Call For Entries to review the entry criteria. Any number of the ten recipients may receive a COTE® Top Ten Plus designation which denotes projects with exemplary actual performance and post-occupancy lessons. Previous COTE® Top Ten recipients are ineligible to submit.
Is it your first time submitting? Watch the recording of our webinar discussing the processes and documentation that support a successful submission.
- Any US-licensed architect may enter.
- On team projects, the architect submitting the entry doesn’t have to be the head of the team.
- Submitting firms must have signed the AIA 2030 Commitment.
- Completed new buildings, renovations, restorations, interior architecture, and urban/regional plans are eligible.
- Projects may be located anywhere in the world.
- Projects must have been completed at least three months prior to the submission deadline, with no additional age-related restrictions.
- You may submit multiple entries.