The COTE (Committee on the Environment) Top Ten Awards is the industry’s best-known awards program for sustainable design excellence. Each year, 10 innovative projects earn the prize for setting the standard in design and sustainability.
The COTE Top Ten Awards are changing for 2017. We have completely revamped the measures of sustainable design and highlighted issues like wellness, resilience, and economy that have gained prominence.
The new measures and metrics emphasize the importance of actual performance in addition to design intent.
- Any US-licensed architect may enter.
- On team projects, the architect submitting the entry doesn’t have to be the head of the team.
- Submitting firms must have signed the AIA 2030 Commitment.
- Completed new buildings, renovations, restorations, interior architecture, and urban/regional plans are eligible.
- Projects may be located anywhere in the world.
- Projects must have been completed at least three months prior to the submission deadline, with no additional age-related restrictions.
- You may submit multiple entries.