The Committee on the Environment presents the COTE Top Ten Awards, the industry’s best-known award program for sustainable design excellence. Each year, ten innovative projects are recognized for their integration of design excellence with environmental performance.
Until 2017, the COTE Top Ten award recognized ten projects based largely on predicted performance, while award recipients from previous years were eligible to submit post-occupancy data and narratives to be recognized with a single COTE Top Ten Plus award. In 2017, these separate tracks were merged: The ‘Plus’ designation will denotes projects with exemplary actual performance and post-occupancy lessons. There will be only ten award recipients total, but any number of the ten may receive the COTE Top Ten Plus designation. Previous COTE Top Ten award recipients are ineligible to submit. Please review our 2022 COTE Top Ten Call For Submissions to review the entry criteria.
Do you need extra guidance on how to use the SuperSpreadsheet? Watch the recording of our COTE Superspreadsheet tutorial discussing the processes and documentation of this tool that supports a successful submission.
- Any US-licensed architect may enter.
- On team projects, the architect submitting the entry doesn’t have to be the head of the team.
- Submitting firms must have signed the AIA 2030 Commitment.
- Completed new buildings, renovations, restorations, interior architecture, and urban/regional plans are eligible.
- Projects may be located anywhere in the world.
- Projects must have been completed at least three months prior to the submission deadline, with no additional age-related restrictions.
- You may submit multiple entries.