Buildings never arise in isolation. The best planning accounts for the entire built environment, local culture, and available resources—modeling architecture’s promise and true value to communities.
The 2017 Regional & Urban Design program recognizes the best in urban design, regional and city planning, and community development.
- owners, individual practitioners, private design firms, public agencies, civic organizations, and public interest groups can nominate projects or programs in which they were involved
- a US-licensed architect must be the author of the project
- submitting architects do not have to be the head of the team
- projects must credit every substantial contributor
- urban design projects, planning programs, civic improvements, campus plans, environmental programs, redevelopment projects, or other similar projects and programs may be entered
- individual buildings are not eligible
- size and location of the project or program are not factors
- incomplete or ongoing projects or programs may be entered if a significant portion has been completed, implemented, or adopted by a local jurisdiction or authority
BIG | Bjarke Ingels Group + Christopher Malheiros