Understanding Fenestration U-Factors and Energy Code Compliance
- September 19, 2017
- 12:00 pm –1:00 pm CST
- Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co.
- 2980 Cahill Main
- Fitchburg WI 53711
AIA SW Wisconsin
The combination of evolving commercial energy codes and building requirements, mixed with a myriad of manufacturers’ performance data, often result in a misinterpretation of fenestration thermal performance. This presentation provides an understanding of fenestration total unit U-Factor, explains how different components of a window’s assembly (glass, aluminum framing and glass spacer) affect U-Factor, reviews testing methods for U-Factor, and provides guidance for developing accurate U-Factor specification language.
- Identify five attributes affecting fenestration U-Factor. Employ at least three design options to improve fenestration U-Factor.
- Differentiate between NFRC and AAMA testing and certification processes.
- Draft non-defective specification requirements for U-Factor.
- Recognize other important energy related fenestration design factors and the importance of a balanced design.
Lunch is included. Registration is required.
Presented by Rick Hillesheim, Hillesheim Architectural Products, Inc. (Representing Tubelite, Inc.)