AIA Wisconsin, Kahler Slater
This ARE guided study group will cover designated categories of content for the conversation to focus on at each of nine meetings.
7 – AIA Contracts
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Identify and navigate the standard suite of AIA contracts.
- Understand the contractual connection between all parties within a project delivery method.
- Discuss contract lexicon.
8 – Project Management
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Expand on the unique role and responsibility of a project manager.
- Handling internal resource management, external consultant coordination, project budgeting & estimating, and quality control relative to the project delivery method.
- Reviewing and applying 3rd party reports and sustainability goals to a project.
9 – Business Management
Tuesday, April 02, 2019
- Expand on the unique role and responsibility of a business owner or manager.
- Understanding legal, ethical, and insurance requirements of business ownership and their risks.
- Establishing systems for legal protections in an architectural office.