AIA Wisconsin and Kahler Slater
This ARE guided study group will cover designated categories of content for the conversation to focus on at each meeting.
5 – Building Systems
Tuesday, January 28
· Mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and their applicability.
· Structural systems and their integration with code requirements and use of a building.
· Architectural coordination with and between all building systems.
6 – Project Documentation
Tuesday, Feb 18
· Review the purpose and scope for all methods of documentation during all project phases from proposals to final completion.
· Includes notes, drawings, project manual, construction changes, punch lists, submittals and field reports, plus much more.
7 – AIA Contracts
Tuesday, March 10
· Identify and navigate the standard suite of AIA contracts.
· Understand the contractual connection between all parties within a project delivery method.
· Discuss contract lexicon.
8 – Project Management
Tuesday, March 31
· Expand on the unique role and responsibility of a project manager.
· Handling internal resource management, external consultant coordination, project budgeting & estimating, and quality control relative to the project delivery method.
· Reviewing and applying 3rd party reports and sustainability goals to a project.
9 – Business Management
Tuesday, April 21
· Expand on the unique role and responsibility of a business owner or manager.
· Understanding legal, ethical, and insurance requirements of business ownership and their risks.
· Establishing systems for legal protections in an architectural office.
Registration is required.