Building Tour – Verona Area High School
AIA Southwest Wisconsin
This tour is intended for AIA members and Architecture Industry Professionals.
The new Verona Area High School is designed to accommodate 2200 students with 590,000 Gross Square Feet on a 153-acre site. The new high school finished construction in April of 2020. The building is designed to receive a future addition to increase capacity to 2400.
- Explore overall site and building strategy to promote client goals including daylighting for classrooms.
- Identify site design considerations to support curricular and co-curricular events relative to safety and pedestrian/vehicular and site ADA considerations.
- Examine building design considerations such as structural/MEP and code decisions impacting creating student communities in a large high school.
- Recognize geothermal and other sustainable strategies.
Presentation (Project history and process)
Building Tour - Meet at the main entrance.
Tour will be followed up with a networking happy hour at Hop Haus Brewing Company, 231 S. Main Street, Verona.
Registration is required. On-site parking is available. Face masks may be required - come prepared. Hard Hats/PPE are NOT required. Space is limited.
- Apraham (Abie) Khatchadourian, AIA – EUA
- Chris Michaud – EUA
- Sean Clendenning – EUA
- Andre Rosteing – EUA
- Seth Pfeil – Pierce Engineers