Commercial Design with Structural Insulated Panels
- June 21, 2017
- 12:00 pm –1:00 pm CST
- Titletown Brewing Company
- 200 Dousman
- Green Bay WI
AIA NE WI
This course will discuss the benefits of commercial building design with structural insulated panels (SIPs), including energy savings, waste minimization and other sustainable contributions. The designer will gain a better understanding of how to properly utilize SIPs.
- Discuss the basics of SIPs, including their composition, common engineering methods, applicable codes and standards, and how SIPs contribute to sustainable design.
- Identify the energy-efficient characteristics of SIPs and how they improve whole building energy efficiency.
- Describe the waste reducing and product life cycle benefits of building with SIPs relative to traditional wood framing.
- Explain how SIPs contribute to better indoor air quality through a reduction in both air infiltration and interior off gassing.
Lunch is included. Registration is required.