New Masonry Ideas for Architects
- June 7, 2017
- 11:55 am –1:05 pm CST
- Western Technical College
- 4th Floor - Integrated Technology Bldg. 400 7th St. N
- La Crosse Wi 54601
AIA NW Wisconsin
This seminar is a good blend of key masonry structural and architectural design reminders, but mostly new masonry design concepts and strategies. For this seminar, general contractors and mason contractors were intereviewed to discover their reoccurring and “hot-button” masonry issues and creative masonry solutions they have seen lately. This seminar will present information on the new masonry robot, efficient CMU design, placing and minimizing CMU control joints, when and where you might use 6” loadbearing CMU, contemporary shelf angle issues, new masonry lintel concepts, masonry and steel interface issues, new metal drip edge detail, and more.
- Review important concepts for economical masonry design & construction
- Discover hot-button masonry issues for designers & builders
- Understand how creative uses of masonry can overcome common design and construction challenges
- Recognize how the Wisconsin Structural Masonry Coalition can support you.
Lunch is included. Registration is required.
Pat Conway, International Masonry Institute