Center for Emerging Professionals
The AIA Center for Emerging Professionals (CEP) is the authoritative voice and resource for architecture students, recent graduates and newly licensed architects.
Whether you’re seeking information on licensing or testing, job prospects, leadership opportunities or entrepreneurial issues, the CEP is the place to start.
Here you’ll find:
- opportunities for volunteering with the National Associates Committee and Young Architects Forum, gaining leadership training and showcasing your work before leading architects and designers
- information about advocating for your value in the profession
- connections to over 95,000 AIA members and hundreds of AIA chapters
- resources and education to help you do your best work Learn more >
Together, we ensure the success of architecture’s next generation. We provide a forum to address firm culture, student debt and other topics.
- We make an impact for the next generation. We prioritize your goals and lead change to strengthen the profession you will inherit.
- We create leadership and career development opportunities as you transition from school to firms, from firms into their leadership ranks and from professional achievements to community success.
- We welcome new professionals, alternative career path professionals and anyone with an architecture background or interest in the profession.
National Committees for Emerging Professionals
There are many opportunities to volunteer with the AIA. While your personal values are important, volunteering on one of the Center for Emerging Professionals' national committees requires a personal commitment to the advancement of the mission and values of the Institute. As a volunteer, you will work on a team to think strategically about various initiatives of the Institute and seek to promote excellence through exemplary conduct.
Learn more about the emerging professionals volunteer committees below.
The National Associates Committee is dedicated to serving Associate members of the AIA in the advancement of their careers.
By promoting excellence, providing information and leadership, fostering inclusiveness, and encouraging individual, community, and professional development, the NAC will integrate the growing Associates community of the profession into a strong voice within the Institute.
The National Associates Committee is dedicated to serving Associate members of the AIA in the advancement of their career. The NAC aspires to be the catalyst for progress within the Institute and the profession.
• We engage by becoming agents of change.
• We innovate by challenging the status quo.
• We connect by representing our diverse membership.
• We lead by example, promoting mentorship, fellowship, licensure, advocacy, and service.
The NAC believes its work serves to make AIA membership meaningful to associates through services that effectively anticipate, meet, and exceed their needs.