The Architect’s Handbook of Professional Practice
With the latest guidance on every aspect of practice, The Architect’s Handbook is an essential resource. From emerging professional to firm owner, it helps architects at any career stage stay on top of business, legal and technical trends. Its comprehensive coverage has made it the industry standard.
What's new in the 15th edition
This vital resource has has been substantially updated with two-thirds new content. You’ll find new material on small-firm practice, multi-office firms, non-profit engagement and more:
• Emerging technologies such as Building Information Modeling
• Project delivery methods, including Integrated Project Delivery and architect-led design-build
• Public interest design
• Career development, continuing education and licensure
• Business management, including organizational development, marketing, finance, diversity and human resources
• Research, including evidence-based design and research in small-firm contexts
The 15th edition is also available for purchase by chapter and includes online access to samples of AIA Contract Documents.
Table of contents
• Ethics and Professional Practice by Michael L. Prifti, FAIA
• The Role of Architects in Disaster Response and Recovery by Rachel Minnery, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP