Volunteer at AIA: Get involved
- Are you a leader interested in contributing at a national level?
- Are you an enterprising member with a passion for the future of the profession?
- Do you have unique knowledge or skills in emerging areas of practice?
- Do you have expert knowledge in human resources, firm and practice culture, or in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategies in the workforce?
- Are you interested in building your expertise, networking skills, and learning from others?
- Do you have a strong desire to tackle the obstacles of the profession and in society, proactively?
Volunteering on a national committee may be just the experience for you. AIA offers various opportunities to grow your network, give back, share knowledge, and support your profession’s growth and development. National committees are a great way to stretch your leadership, and to connect the work of members and others to the AIA Strategic Plan.
Since AIA was founded more than 160 years ago, volunteers have devoted their time and talents to advancing the profession. Select from a range of volunteer opportunities assigned on a long-term, short-term, or even a one-time basis. AIA’s needs are continually evolving. If you have an interest in an area not listed or if you have talents that you wish to share, please let us know!
The application process closes at 5pm ET on Monday, November 8, 2021. Recommendations will be reviewed by the 2022 AIA President; selected individuals will be notified and appointments will be emailed by January 15, 2022.
Interested individuals are required to submit a resume and a letter of interest for each application. Other supporting materials are also invited at the individual’s discretion. The submittal shall not exceed 10 pages in total and be sure to note, in the submission, which committee you are applying to.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
2020 Grassroots Leadership Conference