Architectural Adventures Paris Tour to Explore the Intersection of Fashion and Architecture
Exclusive expert-led tours include Musée Yves Saint Laurent and Fondation Louis Vuitton.
WASHINGTON – Oct. 26, 2018 – Architectural Adventures is launching a tour of a lifetime in Paris from April 13-19, 2019 for fashion and architecture enthusiasts.
During the seven-day trip, travelers will learn the impact of architecture and fashion on the history of Paris and how both design disciplines continue to intersect today.Highlights of the trip will include an exclusive guided tour with a curator of Musée Yves Saint Laurent in addition to a visit to the Fondation Louis Vuitton, which was designed by Frank Gehry. Other tour highlights will include visiting:
- Cité de la Mode et du Design—designed by the Jakob + Macfarlane architectural firm—to see one of the most contemporary monuments of Paris.
- Musée du Louvre—the most visited art museum in the world—to learn about architect I. M. Pei’s architectural contributions to the museum.
- Palais Garnier to view the crowning piece of Napoleon III’s renovation of Paris.
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs to see the collection of fashion, decorative art and design ranging from the medieval period to present day.
- Institut du Monde Arabe to meet with architects from Architecture-Studio.
- Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine to see architecture and monumental sculpture.
The tour will be led by design professional Cindy Nguyen who was the former director and instructor for the Paris architecture program at Catholic University of America. Nguyen—who has lived and worked in Paris for over 10 years—has co-directed multiple thematic design studios in Paris, including a study on the intersection of architecture and fashion in 2012. She has also worked for award-winning French architecture firms Architecture Studio and Reset-Studio and has recently been collaborating with Washington-based firm //3877.
About Architectural Adventures
Architectural Adventures is the official travel program of The American Institute of Architects, specializing in the exploration and appreciation of the world’s architecture. Experts lead immersive small group tours that go well beyond simple sightseeing, giving travelers distinctive and exclusive opportunities to engage with the past, present, and future of building and design in the earth’s great sites and cities. Offering world-class experiences in destinations across the globe, Architectural Adventures is the premier travel provider for architecture enthusiasts and intellectually curious travelers alike. For more details on tour destinations and new trip announcements, visit architecturaladventures.org and sign up for the Architectural Adventures mailing list.