Healthcare Design Awards promote projects that heal
Awards program highlights latest trends in healthcare facility designs.
WASHINGTON – Oct. 1, 2020 – The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH) is recognizing eight projects with its 2020 Healthcare Design Awards.
The awards recognize cutting-edge designs that help solve aesthetic, civic, urban and social problems while also being functional and sustainable. Recipients can include healthcare building design, healthcare planning and healthcare design-oriented research. This year’s projects were awarded by a seven-person jury in the following categories.
Built: Less than $25 million (construction cost).
- Hampton County Health Clinic, Varnville, South Carolina | Liollio Architecture
- Mountain Park Health Center Tempe, Tempe, Arizona | SMITHGROUP
- Mount Sinai Kyabirwa Ambulatory Surgical Facility, Kyabirwa, Jinja, Uganda | Kliment Halsband Architects
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago | HDR | Gensler in association with Clive Wilkinson Architects
- Warren Clinic, Tulsa, Oklahoma | CallisonRTKL
Built: More than $25 million (construction cost).
- Duke Student Wellness Center, Durham, North Carolina | Duda|Paine Architects
- MSK Nassau, Uniondale, New York | EwingCole
Master planning urban design for healthcare settings.
- Saving Main Street: Haxtun Hospital District, Haxton, Colorado | HDR
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the AIA/AAH Healthcare Design Awards.
Founded in 1857, AIA consistently works to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings, neighborhoods, and communities. Through more than 200 international, state and local chapters, AIA advocates for public policies that promote economic vitality and public wellbeing.
AIA provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers and business as well as engaging civic and government leaders and the public to find solutions to pressing issues facing our communities, institutions, nation, and world. Members adhere to a code of ethics and conduct to ensure the highest professional standards.