Alaska Professional Design Council
The Alaska Professional Design Council (APDC) is an umbrella organization that provides a forum to coordinate and complement the efforts of its member societies, especially in areas of public policy and education. Each of the member societies has 2 seats on the APDC Board of Directors, which governs activities and policies.
The APDC Board maintains close contact with the state Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers and Land Surveyors (AELS Board), monitors legislation in Juneau, and works with other agencies and organizations in Alaska to weigh in on issues affecting professional practice, when there is a unified voice among members. If member organizations are not in agreement, APDC encourages all societies with an interest to provide feedback directly on behalf of their members.
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Institute of Architects
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- American Society of Professional Engineers
- National Society of Professional Surveyors
- International Transportation Engineers
- Structural Engineers’ Association of Alaska