AIA Memphis Job Board
Local, State and National Listings
Position opening to the Chapter - AIA Memphis Executive Director
Posting Thursday March 12, 2020
The Memphis Chapter of the American Institute of Architects seeks an exceptional candidate for the position of Executive Director.
AIA Memphis is searching for an exciting, dynamic, visionary and forward-thinking candidate that can take the chapter to an even higher level of excellence. The Executive Director candidate shall be responsible for management of the chapter member services, business operations, fundraising initiatives and continuing education activities. The Executive Director shall aid and support chapter members and the architectural community in their professional development. In addition, the Executive Director is also responsible for chapter communication platforms, small and large events, committee activities, an honors & awards program and strategic partnerships. Also, the Executive Director works with AIA National to ensure all activities of the chapter are in compliance with specific accreditation requirements. The Executive Director shall ensure that strategic communications and chapter programs are aligned with the priorities and values of AIA. The Executive Director reports directly to the chapter’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The Executive Director’s position requires leadership skills in the areas of future visioning, strategic thinking, collaboration, communication, public speaking, writing, and event/program planning and implementation. The Executive Director must be self-motivated. Knowledge of architecture, art, related architectural design & urban design issues, and/or the built environment is ideal. Past experience with nonprofit organizations is preferred and desirable.
About the Organization
AIA Memphis was established in 1953, and has served Memphis and West Tennessee as the local chapter of The American Institute of Architects (AIA) for 67 years. The chapter currently includes over 300 members and over 150 industry and community partners and is looking to grow and expand. Our local voices join more than 95,000 architects and allied professionals nationwide and internationally who work together to create a better future through the design of the built environment.
The American Institute of Architects advocates for the value of architecture and gives architects the resources they need to do their best work. AIA Memphis advocates for positive change through the power of design. Our mission is to promote architecture and the profession; advocate for livable and sustainable communities; and serve as a resource for our members.
Organizational Strategic Goals
The activities of the chapter and the responsibilities of the Executive Director are guided by the Strategic Plan. The chapter is required by the national organization to compile a strategic plan on a cyclical basis to maintain accreditation. The areas of the plan are: Influence and Policy, Knowledge and Prosperity, Outreach and Relevance, Career Pathways and Organizational Effectiveness. A copy of the 2019-2021 Strategic Plan is available here.
Education and Experience
- A (minimum of a 4 year) college degree from an accredited college and/or university. A Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in corporate development, recruitment and fundraising with non-profit organizations.
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct management-level experience with an association, non-profit organization.
- In addition to the above, an industry professional / architect is also a consideration for this position.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Experience leading teams, implementing programs & special events, and managing partnerships.·
- Experience with public speaking is encouraged.
- Past experience with AIA National leadership is strongly encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Position requires a strategic thinking. Collaboration and strong communications skills.
- Confidence in public speaking, communication and messaging.
- The applicant must be self-motivated, and excel in an environment that engages the Executive Director in many aspects of organization.
- Able to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization and the public.
- Must be supportive and an advocate for the values of The American Institute of Architects (www.aia.org/about)
- Knowledge of architecture, design, and/or the built environment is ideal, but not a requirement.
- A demonstrable passion for architecture is preferred.Ability to utilize various software and database platforms to help manage information and communications.
- Knowledge and familiarity with various forms of social media is a desirable advantage.
- Full-time position at 40 hours per week.
- Some nights and weekends required for events. Comp time is considered for overtime in these situations.
- Travel will be required to state meetings and national conferences. The Executive Director will represent the chapter at the annual AIA-Conference on Architecture. This conference is held in different cities and venues each year. Travel for this position will also include attendance at the AIA-Grassroots Conference. This event is also held annually. Travel to the AIA-TN state convention can be discussed at the applicant’s interview. The Executive Director will be reimbursed for approved related travel expenses.
If additional staff is hired to assist the Executive Director, the applicant will be responsible for working with the chapter Executive Committee and act in a supervisory role to the person/people hired in the position(s).
Recruiting Compensation Range
The Executive Director’s salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and employment history.
Equal Opportunity Employer
AIA Memphis is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Candidate must be willing to undergo a background check including legal, educational, driving, employment records, college transcripts, etc. References to be forwarded upon request.
Candidate Submission Requirements
All submitted entries and inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. The submitted information will not be publicly shared. Inquiries should be directed to: AIA Memphis - Executive Director Search Committee via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, applicants must submit a customized letter of interest and resume/curriculum vitae by 11:59 PM (Central Time) on April 10th, 2020.
Entries can also be forwarded by U.S. Mail or packages delivered by courier in a sealed envelope to:
AIA Memphis Executive Director Search Committee
511 South Main Street, Memphis, TN 38103
If there are questions, they should be forwarded to the e-mail above. Questions will be responded to as quickly as feasible.
Design Professional/Project Architect
brg3s is looking for an Experienced Design Professional/Project Architect!
We are an architectural firm with a passion for design and a dedicated ambition to developing extraordinary solutions. Our breadth of work has been defining the Memphis landscape since the early 1900’s. Our culture thrives in an informal work setting characterized by a collaborative environment which is nestled in the burgeoning creative community of Crosstown. We are a team invested in the greater Memphis neighborhood and each other.
What does brg3s have to offer?
· Opportunities to grow professionally.
· Flexible work hours & environment.
· Reimbursement for professional organization dues and licensing tests + fees.
· Opportunity to be ping pong champion of the Memphis A&E world.
We are looking for a team member with 3-5 years of project documentation experience, who can navigate a range of architectural tools as well as client needs and, most importantly, are innovative problem solvers with a passion for architectural design.
What can you offer?
· Handle responsibilities such as: technical capabilities, project design, documentation, client & consultant interaction, construction administration.
· Revit and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
· A desire to work on several projects at once ranging in scale, from 500 sq. ft. – 100,000+ sq. ft.
· A self-motivated attitude.
· An architectural degree and be licensed or tracking to be licensed.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit brg3s.com to learn more about our projects and contact Olivia Logan at 901-260-9636 or email@example.com to discuss opportunities.
Kitchen and Bath Designer
Since 1969, Kitchens Unlimited has been serving the upscale residential market in the Mid-south by providing custom cabinetry design and renovation services. Our team of professional designers works to provide an individual experience for our clientele, tailored to their space, budget, style, home and personality. Our designers have a combination of skills of interior design, architecture, space planning and technical knowledge to make us “specialists” in our field.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, organized, interior designer who works well in a team setting and who thrives in a high pressure, but friendly, environment. Preference will be given to those with proven experience in project management and custom kitchen design background.
- Maintain scheduled and walk-in consultations with customers to answer questions about products, services and our process.
- Meets and/or exceeds sales and profit goals by following up on sales leads, monitoring market trends and growing the positive reputation of the company.
- Maintain an exceptionally high level of customer service and client follow-through
- Network with the professional trade through involvement in associations, meetings and events.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Accurate and efficient translation of rough measures into working designs
- Site surveying
- Quoting cabinetry, counters, installation and any other material or labor
- Project management; attending client meetings and managing design process from initial layout to ordering and installation.
The desired applicant will have:
- Knowledge of 20/20 or similar interior design program
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Design Suite
- Experience in resolving problems that arise on site during installation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales and closing skills
- Ability to work and manage tasks independently
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required.
- AKBD or CKD, CBD preferred but not required.
Exceptional income opportunity and complete benefit package. Position available immediately. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Development Project Manager
Downtown Memphis Commission
Downtown Memphis Commission (DMC), the organization charged with making Downtown a better place to live, work, learn, play and invest, is seeking a Development Project Manager to manage the Downtown design review process and administer financial incentive programs to support investment and development in Downtown Memphis.
The Development Project Manager provides primary staff support to the Design Review Board (DRB) in its work to encourage high-quality architecture, urban design, and development in Downtown Memphis. The position also provides staff support for the Downtown Memphis Commission (DMC) Board of Directors, Center City Revenue Finance Corporation (CCRFC), Center City Development Corporation (CCDC), and the Downtown Mobility Authority (DMA) in their efforts to facilitate economic development and investment in Downtown Memphis. The position requires attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication skills, both speaking and writing. Typical duties involve reviewing and evaluating design applications for new construction, building renovation, and exterior signage. The Development Project Manager directs pre-application meetings, writes analytical staff reports, and presents projects for consideration at monthly board meetings. The selected candidate will create and administer economic development tools and incentives, including loans and grants for commercial development. The Development Project Manager will also work as part of a team to assist with Downtown planning initiatives including land use and zoning, urban design, streetscape programs, sub-area plans, retail strategy, anti-blight, and special projects.
- Enthusiastic advocate for Downtown Memphis
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Knowledge of architecture and urban design, community planning, and economic development
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong skills in Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings such as site plans, floor plans, and building elevations
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, planning, real estate, urban studies, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in architecture, urban design, planning, commercial real estate, community development, or additional, related graduate/professional level education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; effective public-speaking is a must
- Ability to work and speak with diverse groups of people
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience communicating design ideas using AutoCAD, SketchUp, or similar visualization tools desired
- Experience using Geographic Information System (GIS) software is a plus
Please see the click here for a link to the website for more information about the job and how to apply.
Designers, Architectural Designers, Project Architects, and Project Managers
Do you have a passion for design? Are you looking to work with a highly creative group of professionals? How would you like to be on a collaborative team comprised of interior designers, architects, urban designers, planners, and environmental graphic designers who believe great spaces are made by integrating all these disciplines? You could be the next awesome designer to join the LRK team!
LRK has the following positions available:
LRK offers professional growth and an excellent benefits package…in a friendly, creative, and positive work environment. For more information on LRK or to apply for the position, please visit https://www.lrk.com/careers/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Architect and BIM Leader
NDH Search, Nashville, TN
Specific Responsibilities - BIM Quality Standards
· Develop, research and update standards for all aspects of project drawing/model documentation, including the firm’s master Revit template suitability for inclusion in our standards
· Establish and help others learn processes and methods for Revit and other project technologies
· Contribute to the professional growth of the firm
· Provide fundamental and intermediate training to all staff on BIM software and related 3D visualization tools
· Provide technical orientation to new hires
· Maintain personal high level of competency of software through continued use and training
· Attend conferences and advanced training to disseminate to our team
· Lead firm in evolving technology application to project delivery
· Facilitate the firm’s ongoing dialogue and implementation of technology development and application
Qualifications (in order of priority)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience
2. High proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
3. Proficiency in current technologies and awareness of evolving technology
4. Strong experience in project delivery in an architecture firm
5. Strong design sensibilities
6. Strong knowledge of constructability
7. Demonstrated ability to nurture and develop others
· Strong communication skills
· Alignment with the firm’s values
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Gains gratification through nurturing and guiding others to succeed rather than needing to control
· Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
· Capability as a manager and as a doer
· Calm demeanor, even during times of organizational and personal stress
Please contact Regina Hancock, NDH Search, to submit your resume and sample portfolio: email@example.com
About NDH Search
Leading firms trust NDH Search to recruit the most accomplished talent in the competitive worlds of Architecture, Interior Design, and Landscape Architecture.
Since 1998 NDH Search has specialized in the recruitment of all levels of creative and technical functions, from the C-Suite to Strategic Hires to Managers and Designers for the built environment worldwide. NDH Search is respected for consistently making the right fit for clients’ needs — professionally, culturally and financially. Our team of recruitment specialists learn about your requirements from the ground up to assure an essential fit for all placements. Every candidate presented is qualified, pedigreed, and available to fulfill your needs and contribute to the growth of your company.
To learn more, please visit ndhsearch.com
Fleming Architects is looking for newly graduated Architectural Associates or licensed Architects to join our award-winning firm. Fleming has been in Memphis for over 40 years and is honored to have worked with most of the top schools, churches, universities and developers in the City of Memphis. Fleming is a firm of 25 employees with a family-oriented culture. Over half of our employees have been with the firm for more than 15 years demonstrating that is truly a great place to learn, grow and work.
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Architecture, or BA or BS in a related field
- Recently licensed or working toward licensure
- Must have experience working in Revit (Sketchup, Photoshop, and/or Lumion a plus)
- Team Player
- Solid writing and communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Solution oriented
Firm Culture: A family-oriented atmosphere, Year-round ½ day Fridays, Work hard, but have fun doing it, Monthly design charrettes
Benefits and Perks: High quality health insurance including vision and basic life , Competitive salaries, Bonuses for exemplary work and effort, 401K employee savings plan, Paid time off, Paid Holidays
Professional and Personal Development An environment for learning and growth, The opportunity to work in all phases of project design and development from day one, A clear path for advancement, Firm sponsored community service, Reimbursement for professional exam fees and study materials, Firm pays for professional license fees, professional development courses/conferences, and professional organization fees
Interested in a career with Fleming? Email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Architect / Designer
UrbanArch is Hiring.....
Are you in search of your next adventure in life and architecture? Stop your search now and join our small, creative downtown studio. We are a dynamic, award-winning architectural firm engaged in improving our built environment one design project at a time. UrbanARCH offers opportunities for professional advancement and growth within a casual, collaborative, and engaging workplace. Our project types are as diverse as our design solutions. You can learn more about who we are by visiting our website at www.uarch.com.
We are looking to fill Associate Architect / Designer position in our Downtown Memphis design studio located in the heart of the historic South Main Arts District.
Requirements: Position requires professional experience in REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and the Adobe Creative Suite of products. Professional experience with REVIT in the production of construction documents is required. Other skills & experience requirements include:
· 5-10 Years’ experience
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
· Excellent design, graphic and presentation skills
· Effective and professional communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Responsibility for all phases of architectural projects
· Experience coordinating sub-consultants
· Experience in preparing construction documents
· Knowledge of building codes and regulations
· Must enjoy an open, close-knit studio atmosphere
UrbanARCH offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer sign-on incentives. Please email resume to email@example.com. All communication will be kept strictly confidential.
Lighting Design Assistant
Perkins-Everitt Lighting & Controls
If you’ve ever wanted to get into lighting design, now is the perfect time!
Candidate must be proficient in Revit and Autocad. Preferred background in interior design. No lighting design experience needed. Excellent pay and benefits. Flexible schedule. Our work includes healthcare, workplace, hospitality, laboratories, and government projects. If you are interested in working with some of the biggest clients and architects in the community, this could be the job for you.
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live your passion and share your story with us! Shapiro & Company Architects is a growing, award-winning residential design firm looking to add an Architectural Designer to our Memphis or Nashville, TN office. Our team members use their skills to craft solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs, and the contexts of our projects.
The only thing as important to us as our client relationships is our relationships with each other. At Shapiro & Company, you are sure to be welcomed by a close-knit group of professionals that work hard and play hard. We push each other to be the best we can be and embrace what makes us each unique and talented.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding and implementing project-specific design and requirements
- Planning and conducting work in all phases of a project
- Collaborating with staff, clients and consultants
Knowledge, Skills & Talents:
- Exceptional communicational skills: written, verbal & graphic
- Strong time management with a take action mentality
- Enthusiastic, interested in growth and dependable
- Thorough understanding of architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and knowledge of building systems
- Familiarity with building code and ADA/Fair Housing a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture required
- Fluent in AutoCAD
- Experience with wood-framed structures
- Residential experience a plus. Passion in residential design a must
How to apply:
All interested applicants should include a sample of their work with their resume to: email@example.com
Sustainability Project Manager
Entegrity is a sustainability and energy services company specializing in the implementation of energy conservation and renewable energy projects. Entegrity is uniquely qualified to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions to Optimize Building Performance. Our comprehensive service package includes energy savings performance contracting, commissioning, energy modeling, building testing, lighting solutions, renewable energy, water conservation, and sustainability consulting. For more information about Entegrity visit www.entegritypartners.com.
- Independently project manage a minimum of 6 Memphis and 2 remote Sustainability projects
- Oversee all work in Memphis
- Attend internal Entegrity operation meetings
- As needed support operation staff by representing Entegrity in project meetings
- Manage and document required sustainability documentation for all Memphis projects.
- As needed provide documentation support on Sustainability projects to assure the smooth implementation of all projects
- Maintain LEED AP accreditation
- Continue to develop subject matter expertise
Required Professional Attributes:
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in current sustainability issues
- In depth knowledge of the U.S. Green Building Council LEED rating system
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software and Adobe Acrobat
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skill
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
Preferred, But Not Required Professional Attributes
- WELL AP or Green Globes Professional
- Proficiency in Bluebeam
- Ability to represent Entegrity in relevant local organizations, if full-time (like AIA!)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Preferred areas of study: engineering, architecture, business, environmental studies or public sector
Desired Personal Attributes:
Good interpersonal skills; Positive attitude; Well-organized; Self-motivated; Attention to detail
Part-time or full-time positions available; Some travel may be required; Position to be filled in Memphis
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Project Architect
Hord Architects, Memphis, TN has a passion for traditional sacred architecture, urban planning, and meaningful design. We are seeking other dedicated and passionate professionals with ambition and leadership potential to design transformative spaces for churches, institutions, and other non-profits.
An Opportunity for Professional & Personal Growth
Hord Architects has over 60 years of leadership and expertise in ecclesiastical architecture. We serve clients across the country who value and promote truth, beauty, and permanence in building. Our design and personal philosophies align and we provide a positive, tight-knit, and small work environment. Our team members receive every opportunity to diversify their skills and achieve their professional goals. We also maintain the utmost respect with our clients and consultants. Furthermore, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid parking, etc.
For additional information about our firm, please visit our website www.hordarchitects.com.
Senior Project Architect / Professional track to be part of leadership team of firm
Works in all phases of architecture, particularly:
- Creative proposals in renderings, sketches, and illustrations incorporating sound traditional and urban design principles
- Strategic project planning to maintain schedule, budget, very low change orders, and maximum client satisfaction
- Handling project programs, documentation, administration, and consultant coordination
- Estimating fees, establishing scopes of work, preparing proposals, and writing agreements
- Collaboration and oversight in the production and review of technical drawings
- Learning about marketing, business practices and operational methods of the firm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Traditional or classical training and experience are most desirable
- 5-year Bachelor of Architecture degree or a 4-year undergraduate degree plus a Master of Architecture
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in ecclesiastic, commercial, or institutional architecture
- Professional license
- Limited out of town travel for 1-2 nights away per month
- Strong work ethic, passion for excellence, and attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomacy skills including the desire to work with non-profit committees such as churches
- Reviewing and redlining plans, construction detailing, and coordination with consultants
Application Instructions: Please send your resume to Donna Dixon at Hord Architects by email at email@example.com or by fax to 901-527-9087. All applications will be kept confidential.
Delawie, a lead architectural firm in beautiful San Diego, is hiring. Join our team and enjoy perfect weather year round!
New hires unrepresented by a recruiter will receive a significant signing bonus!
Visit @DelawieCareers on Instagram for more information: www.instagram.com/DelawieCareers
Renaissance Group: architecture • engineering • planning • interiors is looking for a professional and creative individual to join the team as an intern architect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist a lead architect with a range of duties including creating models, research and administration.
- Production support and design development of project concepts into final construction documents including general project management, drafting and coordination with project consultants (Engineers & Contractors).
- As-built documentation, general code research, and jurisdictional code research.
- Strong knowledge of the major 3D modeling software, including REVIT.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on time, with precision and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members.
- Desire to learn, accept direction, and be mentored.
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Ability to build good relationships, both internally and externally, with integrity, respect, humor, and a sense of responsibility.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a degree from a NAAB-accredited architectural program on a path to licensure, and at least 2 years of experience.
Monday through Thursday: 8am to 6pm
Friday: 8am to Noon
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan
- 401K Savings Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Renaissance Group is a local architectural, engineering, planning, and interiors firm that has been in business for over 40 years. Renaissance is your trusted source across many markets, from educational, municipal, and hospitality projects to commercial and multifamily projects, both locally and nationally. Everything that Renaissance does is a direct reflection of the vision and goals that our clients communicate to us. The client’s values are always our top priority. For more information on Renaissance Group, please visit www.rgroup.biz
Please email a cover letter and resume to Ruffin Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.