Rent The Wadman Center at AIA Utah
Learn more about our space rental options.
Located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City's Rio Grand District, The Wadman Center at AIA Utah is an excellent facility to host a variety of cultural, educational, and corporate events. Our spacious office is equipped with a kitchenette, smart TVs, and portable whiteboards making it an ideal space for continuing education workshops, meetings, and retreats. With movable furniture, the room can quickly be transformed to suit your needs.
Your rental of the Wadman Center at AIA Utah includes access to the following spaces: VCBO Boardroom, the G.W. Haworth Cafe, the CCG Ideas Hub, and the FFKR Architects Gallery.
Interested in booking the space? Fill out this short form here. You should hear back from us within 48 hours.
- 1x Smart TV equipped with Click-to-Share screen sharing technology
- 1x Smart TV
- Bluetooth and wireless AV capabilities
- 3x Portable whiteboards
- 1x Podium
- 6x - 6'Tables on wheels
- 3x Haworth highboy tables
- 20x Haworth wheeled chairs
- 12x Haworth highboy chairs
- 9x piece modular Haworth sofa
- 6x Haworth modular side tables
- Free high-speed Wifi
- Use of Kitchenette (mini-refrigerators, sink, microwave, espresso and coffee machines)
- Secure building with on-site armed security guards
AIA Utah is committed to creating accessible spaces. The office and rental space both have a wheelchair-accessible entrance, elevator, and restroom.
Allied and AIA Members
- 1-4hrs: $250
- 4-8hrs: $500
- 1-4hrs: $500
- 4-8hrs: $1000
• Cleaning: $45 for all rentals will apply.
• After Hours Events: Events beginning before 8:00 am or ending after 6:00 pm Monday through Friday will incur a $75/hour fee to cover additional security and building management staff.
.• A.V.: Reimbursement of cost if the equipment is altered, or broken.
Two or more weeks notice – full refund. Less than two weeks’ notice of cancellation – no refund. All bookings are received on a first come, first served basis based on when the deposit is received. Cancellations must be received in writing to be considered valid. Refunds will be given less any transaction fees.
Parking in the on-site parking structure is strongly recommended for all event attendees. The parking structure offers free and secure parking for AIA Utah and is located on the Ford Building property directly north to the Ford Building itself with the entrance accessible from 400 W. Entry to the parking structure is permitted from 7:00 am-5:45 pm and vehicles may exit at any time, even after hours. AIA Utah and the Ford Building are not liable for any damage resulting in the use of street parking. Street parking is always at one’s own risk.
A TIPS certified bartender must be used for the service of all alcoholic beverages at paid events and may be hired through your caterer.
The facility is a non-smoking establishment. Smoking is permitted outside the facility in designated areas only. There is a “no open flame” policy inside the facility.
AIA Utah is a studio space and a functioning office. Capacity, wall, and floor space are subject to change due to installed exhibitions, events, or daily office activity. Exhibitions are not to be removed or altered when setting up for an event without the approval and assistance of the Executive Director or staff.
CLEANING & DAMAGE
The client will clean the facility immediately after the event and return the facility to AIA Utah in the condition that existed prior to the event. Client assumes all liability for items damaged, broken and or removed from the facility by Client, Client’s guest or Client’s vendors. If the cost of cleaning, replacement and/or repairs exceeds the Cleaning surcharge, then Client will pay the excess to AIA Utah upon receipt of an invoice for the same.
For questions or to schedule a walk-through, contact our office at 801-532-1727.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Rentals
- Who can rent the Wadman Center at AIA Utah? AIA members, Allied members, firms, and organizations have an established relationship with AIA Utah.
- What is the square footage of the Wadman Center at AIA Utah? The square footage is 2,563 sqft.
- Are the tables and chairs included in the rental rate? The furniture listed under the "AMENITIES" section is included in the rental rate, any additional tables or chairs required for the event must be provided by the Client.
- What is not included in the rental rate? Catering, DABC bartender, any additional furniture rentals and after-hours security surcharges.
- Do I need an appointment to see the space? While AIA Utah is open Monday through Friday, it is strongly recommended that you first schedule an appointment for a walk through by calling 801-532-1727.
- Is there a standard amount of time allotted for set-up and clean-up? The client must figure in their set-up requirements and rent the space accordingly. We recommend at least 30 minutes for furniture set-up. Set-up is not allowed until the stated contract rental time begins
- How far in advance should I book my event? Typically 1-2 weeks in advance of your event is recommended. Events are booked on a first come, first served basis. The client may call AIA Utah at 801-532-1727 to check on the most up to date availability.
- Is there an approved catering list? No, but we do have recommended providers depending on your event size and time of day.
- I'm ready to book that space, what are the next steps? Fill out this short form here to begin the rental process.