AIA Grand Rapids Job Board
Local Job Opportunities
AIA Grand Rapids Job Board:
TowerPinkster: Architectural Designer - 12.16.2019
TowerPinkster is seeking a talented Architectural Designer to join our team. Join our team at TowerPinkster and get immersed in a design focused culture! TowerPinkster, an architecture, engineering and interior design firm based in Michigan, is looking for a talented ArchitecturalDesigner. This position will compile conceptual and schematic designs,undertake visioning and programming efforts, and set the overall design direction for projects and their detailing. We want you to grow and expand your creativity among our team of talented designers. Other efforts would include producing renderings and 3D visuals to convey design intent. Must have a learning mindset and a willingness to complete different tasks with high energy and passion for design.
- Work as project Design lead and support on varying scales and project typologies.
- Attend/Lead meetings to set goals and objectives for the project(s).
- Understand project team expectations in Programming, Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Development and Construction Administration.
- Perform the coordination efforts with project team in creation of architectural design documents
- Assist design team and project coordination team in the detailing, model building, and illustration of documents, focused on early design and programming efforts.
- Gain experience in the field learning construction administration.Continue to refine design and technical skills.
- Minimum four (4) year accredited degree in Architecture.
- Five (5) or six (6) year master’s degree preferred.
- Plan for completion of IDP process preferred, if not yet Licensed
- Minimum of three years of experience post graduate, five or more years preferred.
- LEED GA or AP accreditation a plus.
- Able to show technical ability in designing and detailing complex solutions.
- Able to sketch and draw comfortably freehand and using technology.
- Use of REVIT with a focus on early design phases and concept modelling. Additional rendering or visualization software experience preferred.
- This is a full-time position located with a preference towards our Kalamazoo Michigan office.
TowerPinkster is a firm of architects and engineers committed to design integrity, quality, and environmental responsibility. Our doors opened in 1953 with just six people and now we have more than 140 of the best employees in Michigan. At our firm, it’s our people who make us different. We have the freedom to explore new ideas, the tools to create innovative strategies and the talent to inspire our clients through interactive design. Our expertise and collaborative, client-centered approach means the best ideas rise to the top. TowerPinkster received the 2018 National 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for Award and the 2016 Best Firm Award from Zweig Group. We are proud of this achievement and are thankful for our client relationships, our generous communities and all the employees who contribute to TowerPinkster's exciting and creative culture! Our supportive work environment helps employees reach their career goals, and we have fun doing it!
Contact: Human Resources Manager:
Carrie Hoch-Mortlock, PHR, SHRM-CP