AIA Kentucky COVID-19 Resources
AIA Kentucky Coronavirus Resources
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is AIA Kentucky’s mission to be a sound resource to our members. A resource that will allow us, as professionals and as individuals to rise to the occasion that is set before us. We hope this page will assist you in this journey and make the next steps more manageable. Please be mindful that with the vast amount of information changing daily, we will be vigilant in sorting and compiling resources we feel are most valuable to you, our members. However, we want to hear from you! Please help us by contributing ideas and resources. Email Kelly Ives @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Read the full list of responses taken to combat COVID-19 by Kentucky State government here.
**Read COVID-19 resources for Architects by AIA National here
**AIA Kentucky COVID-19 Updates:
**Join the AIA KY Community Discussion Board to learn from and share with other members across the state!
- Best Practices: COVID-19
- Message from Robert Ivy
- What Employers Should (and Should Not) Say to Employees to Manage the Challenges of the Coronavirus
- Addressing Liabilities from the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Practice Consideration: Manage your Architecture Firm’s risk in response to COVID-19
- AIA Best Practices on Getting Paid
- Ensure That Your Customer Relationships Outlast Coronavirus
- Updates from AIA's Disaster Assistance Program
- AIA Re-occupancy Assessment Tool
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Free AIAU courses for members
- Powder Coating CEU by Sierra Pacific Windows.
- Carlisle Syntec Systems web series here
- Watch AIAU Live Course: Economic Impact of COVID-19 on Architectural Firms
- The latest videos from AIA Contract Documents
- July 15: Getting Hired During COVID-19
**A special Thank You to our Allied Members for making these courses available to our members at this time!
- Prometric Centers will resume testing operations in their US locations on May 1, 2020 if they can do so in compliance with local directives and regulations. Click here to learn more.
- ARE Prep Software (Free to Associate AIA Members through the month of August)
- Need experience hours? AIAU's Emerge series is free for Associate AIA Members
- Resources for Employers @ Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Filing for Unemployment
- A Guide to applying for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans through the SBA
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans applications can be completed and filed online at https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance. The SBA is also mobilizing call centers to assist in the loan-application process. Call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or email email@example.com. To view a copy of the SBA fact sheet, click here.
- CARES Act Summary Details
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Major Impacts of the CARES Act on Firms and Employees (AIA)
- The New York Times offers a layperson’s guide to help coming from the U.S. Government. Read “the FAQ on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill”
- AIA Update on Federal Relief Packages Approved Post COVID-19 Outbreak
- Our Friends at AIA Minnesota prepared this helpful guide on applying for loans through the SBA's Paycheck Protection Program. Guide
- Important Information for Employers on Titles II and III of the CARES Act
- FAQ's on CARES Act Employer Loans & Grants
- Work Share Programs
- Lesser-known provisions within the CARES Act may provide a big tax break for architecture firms organized as sole-proprietorships, partnerships or S-Corps. Read the full article here.
- The Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020 provides additional funding for the small business loans included in the CARES Act. Details here.
- Substantive reforms to the Paycheck Protection Program explained here
- May Architecture Billings Index
- Economic Impact of COVID-19: June 2020 Update
- Two options for individuals who no longer have employer-sponsored health insurance
- AIA Dues Installment Plan
- Free AIA Membership to new college graduates, up to 18 mos.
- Learn & Connect--Join an AIA Knowledge Committee here.
- AIA National Telework Policy
- Contractual Issues: Force Majeure Clauses
- How to Build a Remote Work Policy (+9 Questions to Consider)
- How to manage remote employees successfully
- Sample checklist for staff when working remotely
- AIA Contract Documents address COVID-19 Issues—Webinar
- Advice on conducting site visits during COVID-19
- Update: COVID-19 Construction Administration & Site Visit Guidelines
- OSHA: Preparing the Workplace for COVID-19
- The 6 Feet Office: Helping you adjust to a New Normal
- Reopening: A Guide for Employers
- Accounting for the Uncertainty: Negotiation Construction Contracts during COVID-19
- The Integrated Workplace
- Strategies for Safer Offices
- Preserve project continuity in the face of COVID-19
- Autodesk offers free and extended access
- Tips for Working Remotely from Steelcase
- Architecture Firm Specific Work from Home Recommendations
- Software and Tools for your Remote Setup
- 111 Free Products & Services
- New Pandemic-related Architecture & Design Competitions
- ICC Coronavirus Response Center
- Do you need a break? Virtual tours of National Parks and other historic buildings available here.
- Why Architects Matter in a Post-Pandemic World
- Future of Offices in a Post-Pandemic World
- Support Affordable Housing Infrastructure