AIA Kentucky COVID-19 Resources
AIA Kentucky Coronavirus Resources
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is AIA Kentucky’s mission to be a sound resource to our members. A resource that will allow us, as professionals and as individuals to rise to the occasion that is set before us. We hope this page will assist you in this journey and make the next steps more manageable. Please be mindful that with the vast amount of information changing daily, we will be vigilant in sorting and compiling resources we feel are most valuable to you, our members. However, we want to hear from you! Please help us by contributing ideas and resources. Email Kelly Ives @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Read the full list of responses taken to combat COVID-19 by Kentucky State government here.
**Read COVID-19 resources for Architects by AIA National here
**AIA Kentucky COVID-19 Updates:
**Join the AIA KY Community Discussion Board to learn from and share with other members across the state!
- Message from Robert Ivy
- What Employers Should (and Should Not) Say to Employees to Manage the Challenges of the Coronavirus
- Addressing Liabilities from the Coronavirus Pandemic (The Underwriter's Group)
- Practice Consideration: Manage your Architecture Firm’s risk in response to COVID-19
- Ensure That Your Customer Relationships Outlast Coronavirus
- AIA Re-occupancy Assessment Tool
- AIA Firm Survey Report 2020
Continuing Education Opportunities
**A special Thank You to our Allied Members for making these courses available to our members at this time!
- Coronavirus Update: ARE 5.0 Testing and Rescheduling. Click here to read the latest update from NCARB.
- ARE Prep Software (Free to Associate AIA Members through the month of August)
- Need experience hours? AIAU's Emerge series is free for Associate AIA Members
- Citizen Architect
- Resources for Employers @ Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Filing for Unemployment
- Work Share Programs
- Lesser-known provisions within the CARES Act may provide a big tax break for architecture firms organized as sole-proprietorships, partnerships or S-Corps. Read the full article here.
- December Architecture Billings Index
- Two options for individuals who no longer have employer-sponsored health insurance
- New Realities: Financial Impact of Working from Home
- Economic Impace of COVID-19 (January 21, 2021 webinar)
- Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans
- Tax Filing Considerations that might Soften 2020's Economic Impact
- AIA Dues Installment Plan
- Free AIA Membership to new college graduates, up to 18 mos.
- Learn & Connect--Join an AIA Knowledge Committee here.
- AIA National Telework Policy
- How to Build a Remote Work Policy (+9 Questions to Consider)
- How to manage remote employees successfully
- Sample checklist for staff when working remotely
- Advice on conducting site visits during COVID-19
- Update: COVID-19 Construction Administration & Site Visit Guidelines
- OSHA: Preparing the Workplace for COVID-19
- The 6 Feet Office: Helping you adjust to a New Normal
- Reopening: A Guide for Employers
- Accounting for the Uncertainty: Negotiation Construction Contracts during COVID-19
- The Integrated Workplace
- Strategies for Safer Offices
- Preserve project continuity in the face of COVID-19
- Guidelines: Collecting, Communicating and Closing in a Time of Crisis
- To Make a Building Healthier, STOP Sanitizing Everything
- How AIA's most used documents address COVID-19 distruptions
- The AIA Trust breaks down how Videoconferencing can raise your Professional Liability exposure.
- Tips for Working Remotely from Steelcase
- Architecture Firm Specific Work from Home Recommendations
- Software and Tools for your Remote Setup
- 198 Free Products & Services
- Preserving firm culture when people are isolated from one another