AIA Nebraska Political Action Committee (PAC)
It is time to get down to business; working towards electing Nebraska State Senators that support architects. Decisions that affect our industry are regularly made in the Unicameral. We need your help to build the AIA Nebraska Political Action Committee war chest for this upcoming election, as well as future ones! Your donation affords AIA Nebraska an opportunity to ensure that the issues and initiatives, as well as the candidates who support them are recognized and represented in the Nebraska Legislature.
The AIA Nebraska Political Action Committee is a tool to ensure your investment will have an impact on key races across the State of Nebraska. We continue to support candidates that are pro-design, supportive of economic development and business.
See list of legislative snapshot of AIA Nebraska's successes.
- Occupational sales tax on professional firms including architectural firms (Defeated)
- Taxation (7.0%) on professional services including architectural services (Defeated) Due to relocation, Nebraska’s total employment could have been reduced by 4,000 jobs, reducing payrolls by $158 million.
- Special interest representation on Board of Engineers and Architects (Defeated) The suggested additional directors were representatives of special interest organizations having no formal education or experience in protecting the health, safety and welfare of Nebraskans.
- Registration and regulation of interior designers (Defeated) | Adopt interior designers certification act (Defeated) In reality this legislation is a practice act, enabling interior designers to practice interior architecture, without training, education and ability to protect the health, safety & welfare of Nebraskans.
- Provide a moratorium on new hospital renovation (Defeated specific time period.)
- Update Energy Codes (Adopted)
- Engineers and Architects Regulation Act | Cross Discipline Practice (Defeated cross discipline reference)
Contribute to the AIA Nebraska Political Action Committee
Credit/Debit Card via PayPal
Checks can be made out to:
AIA Nebraska PAC
335 N. 8th Street, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68508
Based upon firm and number of employees: 1-5 ($100), 6-10 ($250), 11-49 ($500), 50-99 ($1,000), & 100+($2500).
AIA principals $100; AIA and Associate members $50
Your AIA Nebraska Political Action Committee
Patrick Leahy, AIA - Chair
Jim Brisnehan, AIA
Richard Burton, AIA
Dan Grasso, AIA
Matthew Gulsvig, AIA
Dave Johnson, AIA
Sara Kay, Hon. AIA
Jeff Monzu, AIA
Melinda Pearson, FAIA
Greg Smith, AIA
Matthew Stoffel, AIA
The 106th Legislature Contributions Given (2019-2020)
Anna Wishart for Legislature
Bostelman for Legislature
Dan Quick for Legislature
Friends of Carol Blood
Friends of Mike Hilgers
Justin Wayne for Legislature
Kolowski for Legislature
Lou Ann Linehan for Legislature
Lynn Walz for Legislature
Mike Flood for Nebraska
Neighbors for Megan Hunt
Pansing Brooks for Legislature
Rita Sanders for Legislature
Suzanne C. Geist for Legislature
Tanya Storer for Legislature
Tom Brewer for Nebraska
Tony Vargas for Nebraska
Wayne for Nebraska
Government Affairs Committee
American Institute of Architects is the voice of the architectural profession and the resource for its members in service to society. AIA Nebraska is the voice of the architecture profession dedicated to serving its members; advancing their value; and improving the quality of the built environment. The (GAC) is responsible for reviewing legislation of interest, taking positions, developing relationships with Senators, assisting with bi-annual educational event and also selecting the AIA NE Senator of the Year award.
Tools and resources to assist industry professionals in educating and working local and state governments.