AIA Kentucky Vision & Purpose
Our Strategic Plan and Values
Twenty AIA Kentucky leaders met in April 2015 to develop our three-year Strategic Plan, which is serving as a guidepost for our state chapter and the local components as we continue to align our programs and initiatives to better serve our Members. Out of this discussion also came a succinct new Mission Statement and Vision Statement, which were subsequently adopted by the AIA Kentucky Board of Directors.
Mission: Advancing the profession of architecture
Vision: Inspiring leadership through the creation of quality places and spaces.
Goals: Five Goals were identified as core competencies – areas in which the Board is committed to allocating sufficient resources:
- Member Value- Delivering value and uniting the profession.
- Career Development- Providing continuing education, resources and career-long value.
- Credible Voice- Advancing and protecting the profession through political influence.
- Community Engagement- Improving public awareness through community engagement.
- AIA Resource Management - Advancing the strategic plan through collaboration of state and chapters.
Champions have been identified for each Goal, and progress toward plan goals is reviewed by the Board of Directors at each of their meetings. We are always seeking fresh ideas for how we can fulfill our Mission and our Goals so, if you have a passion in one of these areas, please let us know. We will plug you in where impact can be made so that both you and AIA Kentucky can continue to grow and thrive!