The guides make the moral, business, ethical, and societal cases for equitable practice and provide key insights to help individuals, firms, and other organizations build equity in architecture.
Translating relevant research into actionable practices, each guide defines core topics before presenting information through several lenses:
- Why is the topic important?
- What does it look like when a group works toward equity goals?
- What legal and regulatory issues should you account for?
- What questions can you use to appraise your progress?
- How can you act to make your firm and the profession more equitable?
Each guide contains an Assess section that provides prompts with which you can evaluate your individual, interpersonal, and organizational improvements in equity.
Guide topics include intercultural competence, workplace culture, compensation, recruitment and retention, negotiation, mentoring and sponsorship, advancing careers, engaging community, and measuring progress.