The American Institute of Architects is proud to collaborate as part of a group of the profession’s leading organizations (formerly known as six collaterals), the Alliance Organizations.
In addition to AIA, the other Alliance Organizations include:
- American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) The American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) is an independent, nonprofit, student-run organization dedicated to providing unmatched progressive programs, information, and resources on issues critical to architecture and the experience of education. The AIAS aims to promote excellence in architectural education, training, and practice; to foster an appreciation of architecture and related disciplines; to enrich communities in a spirit of collaboration; and to organize students and combine their efforts to advance the art and science of architecture.
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) ACSA is an international association of architecture schools preparing future architects, designers and change agents. Our membership includes all of the accredited professional degree programs in the United States and Canada, as well as international schools and 2- and 4-year programs. Together ACSA schools represent some 7,000 faculty educating more than 40,000 students.
- National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB) The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) accredits professional degrees in architecture offered by institutions accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency. All 55 U.S. registration boards accept the NAAB-accredited degree for registration; 38 of those boards require it.
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) is a nonprofit organization made up of the architectural licensing boards of 55 U.S. states and territories. While each jurisdiction is responsible for regulating the practice of architecture within its borders, NCARB develops and administers national programs for candidates pursuing architectural licensure and helps architects expand their professional reach through the NCARB Certificate.
- National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA) NOMA’s mission, rooted in a rich legacy of activism, is to empower our local chapters and membership to foster justice and equity in communities of color through outreach, community advocacy, professional development and design excellence.
With significant alignment between their respective mission and visions, this group will continue to develop deeper collaboration in the months and years ahead.