Libraries are more than learning centers—they’re also enduring examples of architectural excellence. Every year, the AIA is proud to partner with the American Library Association/Library Leadership and Management Association to honor the best in library architecture and design.
The AIA/ALA Library Building Award is the only award that recognizes entire library structures and all aspects of their design.
- The award is open to all types of libraries that permit public access.
- The library must be in service before entry and completed no earlier than 2014.
- Any architect licensed in the United States may enter.
- New construction, renovations, restorations, conversion to library use, and interior redesign and refurbishing are eligible.
- Projects may be located anywhere in the world.
Lara Swimmer Photography