Work at AIA
A culture of belonging
Some argue that culture is convoluted, unmanageable, and just seems to happen. That’s not our story. We’re cultivating a culture with purpose!
At AIA, belonging is not a “buzzword." It’s an imperative for organizational success and an exceptional employment experience. We want our employees to feel comfortable at work. This includes being treated fairly and respected for their authentic selves and contributions. We want everyone to feel connected to the people they work with and the teams they’re part of. We want people to feel that they contribute to meaningful work outcomes and understand how their unique strengths help their teams achieve goals.
We invite you to bring your talents, your skills, and your authentic self to AIA. And when you receive an offer to work here, say yes because this is where you belong.
Meet our leadership team >
It's a great place to work
Here’s why: The people.
- We’re 200+ employees headquartered in Washington, D.C. We’re passionate about our members and their roles in making the world a better place by design.
- Our culture is values-based, inclusive, and respectful. You’ll find an energetic and collaborative environment with lots of dynamic, open communication.
- We welcome diverse perspectives and aren’t afraid of change or embracing new ways of doing things. Often, our work demands it.
- And we think big. We believe that good design has the power to make life better. This drives everything we do, every day, in support of our members and their futures.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including a generous amount of paid time off, medical, dental, and 401(k).
Our commitment to you
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action/minority/female/disabled/veteran employer.
This means we welcome and encourage applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Our equal employment opportunity (EEO) policy statement and the “EEO Is the Law” poster provide more information about what EEO means to our workplace culture and your rights as an applicant or employee.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in the application process, please contact us: (202) 879 7769.